- 1 What Is Hydrodermabrasion?
- 2 Before & After Photos
- 3 Benefits
- 4 Candidates
- 5 Preparation
- 6 Procedure
- 7 Deluxe Hydrodermabrasion
- 8 Recovery
- 9 FAQ
- 10 References
What Is Hydrodermabrasion?
Hydrodermabrasion is a new kind of dermatological procedure that blends medicinal products, saline solution, and oxygen to provide exfoliation for the skin.
As we age, gravity and genetics affect the aesthetics of the upper face. Hydrodermabrasion helps erase the effects of aging by rejuvenating and softening the skin.
A mechanical device with a suction tip is used to infuse a supersonic jet of water during the procedure, peeling away the skin’s top layer. The result is akin to a microdermabrasion treatment but has the added benefit of improving circulation and hydrating the skin.
This painless and non-invasive procedure also boosts collagen production, which helps prevent the aging of the skin. Patients often ask for this treatment before celebrations, parties, or events. Satisfied patients mention that their skin feels smoother and makeup is more comfortable to apply.
Are you ready for your skin to shine? Live in the Concord, Ohio area? Come to the Smith Vein Institute.
Schedule a consultation with us now!
Before & After Photos
- Most exfoliating treatments can feel too harsh for sensitive skin, which makes hydrodermabrasion an effective alternative.
Other benefits of hydrodermabrasions include:
- Instantly rejuvenates and sustains old, dehydrated, and sunken skin.
- Creating a gratifying glow in your face.
- Diluting the look of fine lines & wrinkles and plumping up your complexion.
- Treating and eliminating acne.
- Recovery from acne scarring.
- Decreasing the appearance of huge pores.
- Improving thickened skin.
- Enhancing pigmentation and sun-damaged skin.
- Completely exfoliating dead skin cells.
- Promoting collagen and elastin production.
- Increased self-confidence.
Hydrodermabrasion procedures are customized to complement the patient’s skin profile. Treatments are safe for any age, gender, or skin type, but it is ideal for candidates dealing with:
- Sensitive skin
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Dull skin in need of brightening
- Acne and acne scarring
- Dry skin in need of smoothing and hydration
- Hyper-pigmentation, or brown areas
In the weeks and days leading up to your appointment, you will want to be sure you:
- Have not had laser surgery recently.
- Have not had a chemical peel recently.
- Have not had collagen injections recently.
- Have not taken Accutane recently.
- Avoid taking Retin-A or using any exfoliating creams one to three days before treatment.
- Avoid sunbathing as well as tanning creams and sprays for at least a week before treatment.
- Avoid waxing.
- Wash your face and neck with a non-oily, non-soap-based detergent before every scheduled procedure.
Each hydrodermabrasion treatment provides the skin with exfoliation, extraction, and hydration. The design of the tip easily dislodges and removes any impurities while also giving the skin robust antioxidants and hydrating solutions.
The steps of this procedure are:
- Vacuum Suction
- Gentle suction removes dead skin cells. Water is delivered to the skin while the suction sparks the lymph flow and blood circulation.
- Hydration With Incoming Liquid
- Incoming liquid washes away the dead skin cells and hydrates the skin. Saline absorbs the oil and lipids from the pores, giving them a deep cleanse.
Deluxe hydrodermabrasion has all the benefits of a regular hydrodermabrasion with the addition of multiple anti-aging approaches, including:
- Oxygen Infusion to plump, hydrate, and energize tired skin cells.
- Ultrasound Therapy stimulates collagen and improves skin elasticity.
- Radio Frequency tightens and firms by strengthening collagen proteins and encourages the production of new ones.
- Cold Wand to close pores and reduce inflammation. Great for puffy, tired eyes.
Deluxe Hydrodermabrasion treatments are all customized to fit individual patients needs and includes face mask and extractions.
Are you interested in other procedures? Are you curious about what they entail? Do you want useful tips and advice? Then come check out our blog, where you can find all kinds of beauty and aesthetic-related content. Be sure to get familiar with all the services and procedures we provide at our medspa.
To quicken recovery time and results, you must take steps to properly care for your skin post-hydrodermabrasion. Make sure to:
- Keep the skin clean and moisturized.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Use cold-compresses or anti-inflammatory creams if necessary.
- Use a soothing cleanser.
- Avoid scratching and picking the skin.
- Avoid using harsh chemicals on the skin for a week.
- Avoid rubbing or tanning for a week.
- Use moisturizer if peeling should occur.
- Try to avoid the sun for a week. UV rays can damage the skin and hinder recovery.
- Use a broad-spectrum sunscreen that is 30 SPF or higher if going outside can’t be avoided.
- Avoid using alpha hydroxy, beta hydroxy, retinol, glycolic, benzyl peroxide, or topical acne medications for one to two days following the procedure.
You can retake prescription retinoid products after three to seven days after your last treatment or as instructed. Retinoid products include Retin A, Renova, Tretinoin, Avita, Alustra, Adapalene, Avage, Differin, Tazorac, and Tazarotene.
What is hydrodermabrasion?
Hydrodermabrasion is a dermatological procedure in which a handheld wand sprays a supersonic jet of water to peel away the top layer of skin. This procedure also boosts collagen production.
Is hydrodermabrasion safe?
Yes. The procedure is non-invasive and uses natural and easy-going products to revitalize your skin safely.
Are there side effects of hydrodermabrasion?
No. You may go about your day immediately after the procedure.
How many treatments should I get?
The number of treatments may vary from person to person. Most choose to get them every four to six weeks. Talk to Our Aesthetician Andrea to figure out the level of treatment that’s right for you.
How quickly will I see results?
Results are immediately visible. Your skin will feel more fresh and healthy.
Can I combine it with other treatments?
Yes, absolutely. You could add treatments like derma-planing or stimulator peels during your hydrodermabrasion session for even brighter and prettier skin.
- Ilankovan, V. (2013). Upper face rejuvenation. International Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, 42(4), 423-431. doi:https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijom.2012.10.017
- Haney, B. (2019). Microdermabrasion. Aesthetic Procedures: Nurse Practitioner’s Guide to Cosmetic Dermatology, 51-58. doi:https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-19948-7_6