Vivace is an FDA-cleared radiofrequency microneedling device. It has been proven effective in alleviating facial wrinkles, and fine lines, and tightening the face and neck resulting in outstanding patient satisfaction. Unlike other microneedling and radiofrequency devices, Vivace incorporates a precise robotic motor that creates a virtually pain-free experience compared to any other device used today.
Dr. David G. Smith and the team at Smith Cosmetic Vein & Surgery in Concord and Middlefield, Ohio are leading experts in the use of Vivace for facial rejuvenation. We have used Vivace to help hundreds of patients achieve a more youthful appearance with little to no downtime.
To learn more about the groundbreaking new procedures Dr. Smith offers his patients in Cleveland and beyond, follow our blog.
- 1 How Does Vivace Work?
- 2 Is Radiofrequency Safe?
- 3 What are the Benefits of Vivace RF Microneedling?
- 4 Candidates for Vivace RF Microneedling
- 5 Book Your Personal Consultation
- 6 Preparation
- 7 What Can I Expect During my Vivace RF Microneedling Treatment?
- 8 What are the Results of Vivace?
- 9 What is the Cost of Vivace in Cleveland?
- 10 References
How Does Vivace Work?
There’s nothing quite like the Vivace experience. It flawlessly combines microneedling and radiofrequency energy to give patients exactly what they want: superior, natural-looking results that last. What sets this treatment apart is that it provides immediate results which only get better with multiple treatments.
Vivace also uses a cooling peptide mask and specialized serum to take the procedure to the next level. The peptide mask helps to soothe and protect the skin while the serum improves skin texture and tone.
- 31 multilevel precise adjustments from 0.5mm to 3.5mm to get the perfect depth for each patient’s skin
- A robotic handpiece for a smooth glide and gentle application
- 36 microneedles insulated with gold plating
- Special protection for the epidermis for the most comfortable patient experience
- Patterned RF emissions (radio waves with a repeating pattern). The chevron circuit produces these waves at frequencies of 1 and 2 MHz.
- AVC (Automatic Visualization Confirmation), which means that the physician can see the needle penetration and RF energy delivery in real-time.
What is Radiofrequency Microneedling?
Microneedling is a minimally-invasive procedure that uses fine needles to create controlled micro-injuries in the skin in order to stimulate collagen and elastin production. The Vivace RF Microneedling device takes this a step further by also delivering radiofrequency (RF) energy through the needles during the treatment; this helps to further stimulate collagen production, as well as improve skin texture and tone.
Radiofrequency (RF) energy is a type of electromagnetic radiation that is used in a number of medical procedures, including radiofrequency microneedling; this type of radiation is used to heat and contract tissue, which can then help to reduce wrinkles, tighten skin, and improve other cosmetic issues.
When RF is delivered safely under the skin, it can help to stimulate collagen production and provide a number of other cosmetic benefits.  Collagen is a protein that helps to keep skin firm and elastic.  As we age, our bodies produce less collagen, which can lead to wrinkles and other signs of aging. By stimulating collagen production, RF microneedling can help to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and improve overall skin texture and tone.
Is Radiofrequency Safe?
Though RF energy was first utilized in the medical field in the 1920s, it has only recently become popular amond aesthetic surgeons within the past 15 years. Using RF to contract collagen is not a recent concept though; orthopedic surgeons have used this method for issues such as instability of shoulder ligaments for over ten years now.  In addition, the Vivace RF Microneedling device has been cleared by the FDA for use in the United States.
What are the Benefits of Vivace RF Microneedling?
The benefits of Vivace RF Microneedling include:
- Reduced appearance of wrinkles and fine lines
- Tighter, more youthful-looking skin
- Improved skin texture and tone
- Stimulated collagen production
- Virtually pain-free experience
Furthermore, the peptide mask offers benefits beyond other RF microneedling machines on the market. The Vivace Boost Serum is a glide serum that contains naturally occurring amino acids Adiponin and Syndermin; powerful tripeptides that deliver advanced skincare benefits. Our Boost Glide Serum is a medical-grade lubricating gel that helps to achieve optimal results during treatments, or even when used at home. Soothe Mask uses Binterin (CD99) peptides to make a cooling fluid for microneedling.
The combination of the serum and mask makes the Vivace experience unique. The needle depth, radiofrequency energy, and peptide-rich product work together to improve skin appearance and quality for a more youthful look.
Candidates for Vivace RF Microneedling
The best candidates for Vivace RF microneedling are those who are looking for a minimally-invasive way to improve the appearance of their skin. The procedure is safe for most skin types and can be used to treat a variety of concerns, including wrinkles, fine lines, uneven skin texture, and uneven skin tone.
The Vivace RF Microneedling device can be used on the face, neck, and other areas of the body. It is important to note that Vivace RF microneedling is not recommended for everyone. Some contraindications include:
- Active acne or other skin infections
- History of keloids or hypertrophic scarring
- Pregnancy or breastfeeding
- Pacemaker or other implanted medical device
- Autoimmune disease
If you have any questions or concerns about whether or not you are a good candidate for Vivace RF microneedling, please don’t hesitate to ask. Dr. Smith will be happy to discuss your specific case and help you make the best decision for your needs. Ready to get started?
Book Your Personal Consultation
The Vivace experience begins with a consultation, where will assess your unique needs and goals; this will help to ensure that you are a good candidate for the procedure and that it is the best treatment option for you.
During your consultation, we will also discuss the details of the procedure with you, including what to expect before, during, and after treatment. Consultation is an important part of the process, as it will help you to be as prepared as possible for your treatment.
If you are interested in learning more about Vivace RF microneedling or would like to schedule a consultation, please contact us today. Call (440) 853-8208 so we can help you achieve your cosmetic goals!
To prepare for RF microneedling with Vivace, you should:
- Cleanse your face thoroughly with a gentle cleanser and pat dry.
- Do not use any topical products, such as moisturizers, oils, or makeup, on the day of your treatment.
- If you have a history of cold sores, please inform us prior to treatment so that we can prescribe preventative medication.
- Arrive at your appointment on time.
What Can I Expect During my Vivace RF Microneedling Treatment?
RF microneedling with Vivace is a relatively quick and easy procedure. The entire treatment usually takes less than an hour, depending on the area(s) being treated.
First, a numbing cream will be applied to the treatment area to minimize any discomfort. Once the numbing cream has had time to work, the Vivace device gets to work. The Vivace RF microneedling procedure is performed using a small, hand-held device that contains 32 tiny needles. These needles are used to create micro-injuries in the skin, which triggers the body’s natural healing response.
As the device is moved across the skin, it simultaneously delivers radiofrequency energy. This energy helps to promote collagen production and improve skin tone and texture. Once the treatment is complete, the serum and mask are applied to the skin to help to soothe and add moisture and also to promote healing.
You may experience some redness and swelling after your treatment, but this is normal and will resolve within a few days. Makeup can be applied 24 hours after treatment to help camouflage any residual redness. You should continue to protect your skin with your favorite SPF of 30+.
What are the Results of Vivace?
Vivace RF microneedling results are not immediate, but rather gradual over the course of a few weeks as new collagen is produced. Most patients see optimal results at around 6-8 weeks after treatment. Therefore, this is not a treatment you want to schedule the week before a big event like your wedding or high school reunion. We want you glowing with confidence, not freshly microneedled.
The results of Vivace RF microneedling can last for months to years, depending on your individual needs and goals. To maintain your results, we recommend getting treatment every 4-6 weeks. However, this will be discussed in more detail during your consultation.
What is the Cost of Vivace in Cleveland?
The cost of Vivace RF microneedling in Cleveland will vary depending on the number of treatments that are needed to achieve your desired results. During your consultation, Dr. Smith will develop a treatment plan that is tailored to your specific needs and goals. He will then provide you with a cost estimate for your treatment.
At Smith Cosmetic Vein & Surgery, we understand that the cost of cosmetic procedures can be a concern for many patients, which is why we offer a range of procedures to fit your budget.
- Lopez M, Hayashi K, Fanton G, Thabit G, Markel M. The effect of radiofrequency energy on the ultrastructure of joint capsular collagen. Arthroscopy: The Journal of Arthroscopic & Related Surgery. 1998;14(5):495-501. doi:10.1016/S0749-8063(98)70078-7
- Deshmukh SN, Dive AM, Moharil R, Munde P. Enigmatic insight into collagen. Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology : JOMFP. 2016;20(2):276-283. doi:10.4103/0973-029X.185932
- Dayan E, Burns AJ, J. Rohrich R, Theodorou S. The Use of Radiofrequency in Aesthetic Surgery. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery – Global Open. 2020;Publish Ahead of Print. doi:10.1097/gox.0000000000002861